Tuesday, November 3, 2009

2 Days of Fun

Wow!! The last 2 days have gone by sooo fast! On Sunday morning we got up early, packed up and headed for Disneyland. We got there, and they still had their halloween decorations up, so we got to see the place all haunted and spooky, it was pretty neat. I love Disneyland, but I don't really like it when I am just with my dad... He walks like he drives, always has to be in the front of the crowd. Most times he would cut me off, or leave me behind and he wouldn't notice, because he was just soo focused on getting to the next ride.
We went to California Adventure first and went on the Grizzley River Rapids. This was my first time being on this ride, and I got soaked!! The Mickey Mouse roller coaster was next, and then we fast passed it. Then we went to the new Toy Story ride... man, that was the best!! 3D and everything. Then we went back to the Mickey Mouse roller coaster. Then we went and did the Mullhaund Drive roller coster. After we went looking around in some of the shops and then we headed back to our car for lunch.

After lunch, we went to the Disneyland side. We went to space mountain, but there was a 80 min wait, so we fast passed it, but the time on the fast pass was not until 8:30-9:30. So, then we went on my mom's favourite ride, the Buzz Lightyear ride. Not as good as the Toy Story one, but still classic. Then we went on the Star Wars ride. After Star Wars, we went to the Matterhorn bobsleds, still a rough ride. After that, I found Tinkerbell's lair, and convinced my dad to go and let me meet her!!!!!!! Before this trip, I had been to Disneyland twice and Disney World once, and I never had the chance to meet her. So, we waited in line, and I finally got to meet her!! It was soo cool!!

After meeting Tink, we headed to Pirates!! And I swear, that ride has changed MAJORILY since I have last been on it. My dad thinks otherwise, but I am sure that it has totally changed. Then we headed to Splash Mountain, and low and behold, that ride has changed too. We waited in line for about 55 minutes, and when we were done, we both said that it was not worth the wait. After the ride, we just walked around for a bit. By this time we were both fairly exhausted and our backs were starting to hurt. For a break, we went on the river cruise. Dad wasn't so much a fan, but I enjoyed it.

Then we went for supper. We went to the Rainforest Cafe, and got to eat outside. It was a beautiful night, and was a nice break for us.

After supper, we walked the downtown district of Disney and went into a few shops. Then we went back to California Adventures and walked around some more. I found a Monsters Inc ride, and we went on that one. It was just like some of the rides in Disney, where you are on a track, and you have the story outlined for you. I thought it was neat, but dad said that it was lame and boring. Guess I shouldn't of taken him on that ride. We walked around for a bit more, did some shopping, and then by 9pm, we were soo tired, that we headed for our hotel.

We stayed at the Courtyard By Marriott, just a few blocks from Disneyland. I found to to be quite a nice hotel, and was impressed by it. We both called it a night early, and went to bed.

In the morning, we were lazy and stayed in bed until about 10:00am. Then we got ready, and left for our next adventure: Knotts Berry Farm!

Knotts Berry Farm is the best place for my dad, because it has TONS of rides that he prefers. When we got there, it was like a ghost town!! There was hardly anyone there at all!! So, our first ride of the day was the GhostRider, the HUGE wooden rollercoaster!! I am not much of a woody fan, just because they jerk you around a lot, but I have to say, that this was not a bad one at all.
We did probably 8 roller coasters in a row (and unfortunately the excellarator was down for maintence, so dad couldn't do that one), and then we went for lunch. During lunch dad realized that his hands were really swollen, and said that he shouldn't go on anymore rides. So, we went back into the park, walked around a fair bit, went on the elevator ride, that takes you WAY up in the air and slowly spins you around, so you can see all of Buena Vista and Knotts. Then we did a little bit of shopping, and found some really killer deals!!!

We left Knotts about 4:00pm and headed for home. We stopped at a few places to get some things that we needed and headed for home. Talked to my grandparents and my mom, and then we went for a nice relaxing time in the hot tubs!! They surely helped us, as we were sooo sore from all our fun that we had.

Today we are going out to get all the groceries that my grandparents need, and then dad picks them up!! I can't wait to see them!! And then, very sad, we have to head back home tomorrow.... I am not a fan of Wednesdays........

No comments:

Post a Comment