Saturday, October 31, 2009

Family Surprises!

Ok, so I have only been here for about 2.5 days, and I am soo in love! It's like the best place for me, and I don't really want to leave.
Yesterday Dad and I went out looking for some medical stores, so we could find some supplies to help my Pake with his mobility. We were in Indio looking for stores, when I remembered that my Aunty Mary and Uncle Sid had a place in Indio. I asked dad if he could just show me where they live. We went there, and to our suprise (and theirs) they were there!! We visited for about 3hrs with them, and Aunty Mary served us the best Dutch Apple Pie I have ever tasted!! After our visit, we went to try to find the medical stores, and much to our avail, no such luck. We are also trying to find a winch, so that my Beppe can have help with the wheelchair, but we are not having much luck with that either. I don't think many people here know what a winch is, mostly because they would probably never need one. When ever we ask if they have a winch, they say "oh, a wrentch?" Very frustrating at times!!
Today dad is going to try to get some work done around here (not much I can help with), so I am planning on going to feed the ducks!! There are tons of Mallards here, and a few Black Swans (ugly ducklings). Acutally, the black swans are pretty cool, because they have bright red eyes!!
And then tomorrow we head out for Disneyland and Knotts Berry Farm!! I literally can not wait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment